Workshop Offered – The Perfect Exposure: The Exposure Triangle
Location: The Photographers Guild, 212 W Washington St, Goshen, IN, west side green door, 2nd floor.
Fee: $30 non-members, $10 Guild members
Instructor: Danny Graber
A perfect exposure can best be attained if one masters the knowledge of the three camera settings that control the correct exposure – the shutter speed, the aperture (or f-stop), and the ISO setting.
You will learn, in practical terms:
- Which of the three settings is most important in differing situations.
- What happens when you change one setting and how it affects the other two.
- How to shoot on “auto exposure” and still control the ISO?
- What the ISO actually does and why it is important.
- How the f-stop controls the artistic nature of your photograph.
- How and when the shutter speed can make or break a photo – capturing action or freezing it, avoiding blurry images.
- Where to meter your light source.
- Where to focus your camera.
There will be handouts of the topics discussed. We will also do outside (weather permitting), hands-on work.
Bring your camera, camera manual, and lenses.
You must preregister. Payment (cash or check, payable to The Photographers Guild) can be made on day of workshop.
Free midmorning snacks; bring your own beverage. Next door Anna’s Breads (formerly Rachael’s) is not a good place to get coffee/beverages because of the extremely long Saturday waiting lines.