The Photographers Guild, Inc.
212 West Washington St., Suite 14
Goshen, Indiana, 46526
MEETINGS: 3rd Wednesday of each month, 6:00 pm. Visitors are welcome.
2023 Monthly Photo Challenge
To inspire us and support our learning, the 2023 Challenge is a year-long project:
- Something that sparks a childhood memory
- Macro – try to get a closeup of a small object (insect, flower, etc.)
- After dark – go outside at night & see what interesting subjects you can find.
- Leading Lines – find something that uses lines to lead your viewer into the image.
- Movement – your subject should express movement in the image.
- Old/Decay – (safely!) search out something decaying or abandoned. Examples: cars, buildings, etc.
- Use the “wrong” lens – use a wide angle for portraiture, or a telephoto lens for landscape & see what you come up with.
- Perspective – Look high or look low – let’s look at the subject from a viewpoint that we normally don’t see. Keep the camera low to the ground or point it straight up. Think about what subjects would work well with this type of photographic technique and see what you can find!
Bring your results to the monthly meetings to share your findings and get feedback from members (if desired). Happy shooting!