WHEN: February 24th, 2018 – Zine Workshop from 8:00am to 12:00pm. Taught by Mike Goodwin
WHAT’S A ZINE? Not sure about the difference between a magazine and a zine? Here’s a quick definition: a zine is an independently published booklet, often by a single person. They used to be created by physically cutting and gluing text and images together onto a master flat for photocopying, but now it’s more common to produce the master by typing and formatting pages on a computer.
What you will learn:
- What is a zine
- History of zines
- Go over examples of zines from basic to more complex
- Other options for publishing your own work.
- Over view of zine making tools including photoshop
- Zine templates and tools
- Open discussion and hands on.
What to bring:
- Your laptop
- 15-20 images you might want to make into a zine
- If you can’t bring your PC you can print your images out in draft Quality to start the formatting process. I will cover both approaches.
I will provide some templates and supplies to produce a basic zine. We will have time to start a zine or developed an idea for one.
The workshop will be a relaxed discussion and hands on morning. I hope to give you tools and ideas on publishing you work, without breaking the bank.