We are a group of like-minded photography professionals, hobbyists, and enthusiasts sharing the goal of learning, inspiring, and broadening the art of photography. We gather at least once a month (the 3rd Wednesday of each month), participate in various outings as a group and in community events, as well as provide workshops and classes for members and those in the community with an interest in photography.
LOCATION: Our facility is housed in the Millrace Center complex, located at 212 West Washington Street, Goshen, Indiana. We serve the entire Michiana area. We are on the second floor of the Sweet Water Interiors building; use the green side door located on the west side of the building, marked with a sign.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP:
- A portrait studio with lighting.
- A computer with current versions of Photoshop and Lightroom, and Photoshop Elements.
- A state-of-the-art photograph printer that uses archival ink and paper.
- A complete matting and framing room.
- Wholesale pricing on matboards, frames, etc.
- Complete darkroom set-up.
OUR MISSION: To enjoy the photographic arts through sharing quality equipment, to teach our collective knowledge and skills to the community, and to serve as a resource for encouraging photography as a life-long skill for people of all ages.
OUR HISTORY: Founded in 1999 by a group of local residents, the Guild was established as a place for photographers to gather and share their common interest. Today we continue to focus on this mission and encourage the community to join us for an opportunity to learn and share, make new friends, enjoy an outing, or just have fun! We have students, retirees, professionals, business owners, hobbyists— these are just some of the people who make up the Guild’s membership. It’s a place for everyone with an interest in photography.
MEETINGS: We gather each month on the 3rd Wednesday at 6:00p.m., Eastern time at our Guild facility to share our latest work, discuss new trends, learn from invited guest speakers, plan group field trips, and much more. Some other Guild activities include:
- Annual Photo Contest
- Educational classes
- One-day workshops
- Photo shoot excursions
- Photo of the Month contest – At each monthly meeting, members bring a printed photo (maximum longest side – 22″) of their choice to be entered in a competition where all attending members vote for their favorite “Photo of the Month”. The winning print is displayed in the Guild meeting room until the next meeting. It’s a fun competition for all.
- Monthly Photo Challenge
So why not join us for a night of learning, meeting new friends at an outing, or just having fun with a great group of people. Visitors are always welcome.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All images and content on this website are protected by United States copyright law and may not be downloaded or copied by any means, whether mechanical or electronic, for any purpose, whether private, commercial, educational, or non-profit, without prior written permission from the respective photographer and/or author. For information on permissions for use, contact The Photographers Guild at email@example.com. Copyright 2016