At each monthly meeting, members bring a printed photo (maximum longest side – 22″) of their choice to be entered in a competition where all attending members vote for their favorite “Photo of the Month”. The winning print is displayed in the Guild meeting room until the next meeting. It’s a fun competition for all.
Guidelines for the Contest
- All Guild members can enter a print. The winner of a given month cannot enter the succeeding meeting/month’s contest.
- The photo needs to be submitted as a print, not electronically.
- The photo can be a print up to no longer than 22” on the longest side.
- The photo must have been taken within the past year.
- The photo cannot have been entered in a previous photo-of-the-month contest.
- The winning photo will be displayed at the Guild for one month (or until the next contest).
- There shall be no prolonged esteem in winning – the winner of the preceding month’s contest must count the votes for the current month’s contest.
- Guests of the Guild are eligible to vote for the photo-of-the-month; guests are not eligible to enter a print.
Another avenue for sharing your work during the monthly meetings is the:
Monthly Photo Challenge
- At each monthly Guild meeting, the Guild defines a “photo challenge” theme for the ensuing month.
- The purpose is make the theme of that month to be the “theme” of your photo; it is not okay to merely add the theme topic to your photo, but to make it the primary theme of the entire photo.
- At the next meeting members can bring photos for viewing and discussion which they took as an interpretation of the “challenge” theme.
- All photo(s) shall preferably be submitted electronically – on a flash drive or camera card. Paper prints can be submitted at a member’s discretion.
- Photos must have been taken only after the challenge was issued, in other words, after the last meeting (see next two points).
- A member is allowed to bring two new photos for viewing and critique.
- A member is also allowed to bring one photo that was taken prior to the last meeting, but is not more than a year old.
- Photos must have been taken only after the challenge was issued.
- “Challenge” photos are not to be submitted for the Photo-of-the-Month contest.
General Photo/Portfolio Review
A member may at any given monthly meeting bring a photo or series of photos for showing and discussion. The photos may be in electronic or print format.