Congratulations to Jeff Longenbaugh for winning
the June Photo of the Month Contest
This photo was taken in the afternoon while my son and I explored Olympic National Park. The weather was wet which is not unusual since part of the park is considered a temperate rain forest. There were occasional sightings of the sun. My goal was to capture some sense of the rugged beauty of the stream.
Fuji XT-2 with Fuji XF 18-135 lens at 20mm. F16, Iso 400, .3 sec. Single shot, no compositing. Manfrotto tripod, Kirk ballhead. Developed in Photoshop.
Congratulations to Steve Oyer for winning
the May Photo of the Month Contest
The photo which I have titled “Sunrise at the Elkhart Depot” was taken on August 14, 2016 at 7:06am. I had been taking photos at the Elkhart Amtrak station several times that summer trying to get a nice sunrise coming down the tracks, along with a train coming down the tracks. Unfortunately, that morning I had a beautiful sunrise coming down the tracks but by the time a train came down the tracks the sky had lost its colors.
I was using my Canon EOS 6D and this photo was shot at 1/125th sec, f/10, at ISO-100. The focal length was 24mm.
Congratulations to Ron McAllister for winning
the April Photo of the Month Contest
Taken on a recent tour of the Auburn Duesenberg Auto Museum near Fort Wayne IN. with fellow Guild members Danny Graber and Jim Loomis. The museum is located at 1600 S. Wayne St., Auburn, IN. The car in the photo is a 1935 Duesenberg SJ LaGrande Dual-Cowl Phaeton.
Camera settings f/4.2, 1/60 sec, ISO 640, Lens: 18.0-200.0 mm, Focal length 38 mm
The Evolution of the Fine Art Image – a special camera and Photoshop/Lightroom seminar at The Photographers Guild:
Saturday, May 20, 2017 – 9:00 A.M. to 3 P.M. $95, lunch included
Taught by professional photographer Bryson Leidich, PPA
- Master of Photography Degree, 1997.
- Member, Professional Photographers of America (PPA)
- Club of Excellence member with 4 blue ribbon prints in one year
- Featured print in PPA Loan Collection
- Awards from Kodak and Fuji and a Clio award for advertising
- Spoken to state and regional PPA meetings
- Featured speaker at PPA National Convention in Las Vegas, 1990, on image compositing with multiple cameras
- He taught photography and Photoshop at Penn State Harrisburg and Harrisburg Area Community College
- Conducted numerous seminars at his own studio for more than 25 years
- Judges regularly at local camera clubs.
To register, contact Danny Graber at email@example.com or (574) 370-6192.
Limited enrollment – register early.