Contest & Exhibit: Friday, November 3 (4pm – 9pm) – Saturday, November 4, 2017 (8am-4pm)
Grand opening Reception: Friday, November 3, 5pm-9pm
WHO CAN ENTER:
ADULT DIVISION: Amateur Photographers (less than 25% of their income from photography)
Guild members (but not professionals) are eligible to enter and while amateurs vary greatly in skill level, all photographs will be given equal consideration.
Color, Black & White, and Special Effects*
*A “Special Effects image” is one that has been manipulated for artistic purposes by applying digital and/or traditional special effects. Minor adjustments, including cropping, spotting, dodging and burning, contrast and slight color adjustment or the digital equivalents, are acceptable for all three categories.
ENTRY FEE: $25 for up to 3 entries, $8 for each additional entry
(Maximum 6 entries allowed)
STUDENT DIVISION: Grades K-12th
ENTRY FEE: FREE (Maximum 6 entries allowed)
**ALL ENTRIES WILL BE DISPLAYED and will be showcased on photoguild.org . Email a digital copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your photographs are available for purchase, fill in a price. (All proceeds will go to the photographer).
Best of Show – ($150 Gift Certificate for Gene’s Camera Store)
1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each category (Cash Prizes – $50, $30, $20)
Student Division – 1st, 2nd & 3rd place (K-12) (Cash Prizes – $50, $30, $20)
PRINT DROP OFF – DEADLINE TO ENTER: Saturday, 10/21/2017
Deliver your photographs along with entry fee to The Photographers Guild, 212 W. Washington Street, Goshen, IN — use the green side door located on the west side of the building, marked with a sign–second floor.
- Saturday, 10/14, 10am – 3pm
- Wednesday, 10/18, 5pm – 7pm or
- Saturday, 10/21, 10am – 3pm
PRINT PICK UP:
Entries should be picked up on Sunday, November 5th from 1pm – 3pm at The Photographers Guild. (If you require an alternate drop-off or pick-up time, call Kay at 574-596-1606)
EXHIBIT LOCATION: The Photographers Guild, 212 West Washington Street, Goshen, IN
|Matting Session:||Saturday, 10/14||10am – 3pm|
|Print Drop-off:||Saturday, 10/14||10am – 3pm|
|Wednesday, 10/18||5pm – 7pm|
|Saturday, 10/21||10am – 3pm|
|Reception:||Friday, 11/3||5pm – 9pm|
|Exhibit Hours:||Friday, 11/3||4pm – 9pm|
|Saturday, 11/4||8am – 4pm|
|Print Pickup:||Sunday, 11/5||1pm – 3pm|
(If you require an alternate drop-off or pick-up time, call Kay at 574-596-1606)
ENTRY RULES: Deadline to enter is Saturday, 10/21/17.
- All photographs entered MUST be matted. Entry size: a maximum of 16” x 22”, the final size includes the matting. The photograph itself cannot be smaller than 8”x 10”. No framed photographs, canvas mounts, or photographs mounted on metal backing are allowed. (Photographs on metallic paper are acceptable, along with matting.) See below for Guild assistance in matting photographs.
- A photograph must have been taken in the last three years. A photograph submitted in a previous contest sponsored by The Photographers Guild cannot be resubmitted.
- The Photographers Guild and the judges reserve the to right to reassign a photograph to a correct category or reject entirely for inappropriate content.
- Permission of use: By submitting a photograph to the Annual Millrace Contest, you grant permission to The Photographers Guild to use the photograph in any of its general venue of programs, including marketing materials, website, instructional classes, promotion of The Photographers Guild, and other instances of Photographers Guild sponsored program activities.
- All net proceeds of the Annual Millrace Contest go to support the general endeavors and educational programs of the Guild.
- Photographs that are not picked up at the Guild within 90 days after the pick up deadline become the property of the Guild and may be disposed of at its discretion.
- Print labels for each entry and attach to the back (lower left corner). Do not put your name on the front of print or mat. (If needed, copies will be available when photographs are dropped off).
- Drop off or email digital copies of your entries to email@example.com for photographs to be showcased on our website (optional).
The Guild will be holding a matting session on Saturday, 10/14/17, 10am to 3pm. We will help you professionally mat your photographs, and the only cost will be the matting & backing material. (Usually $3-$6 per picture). Just show up at the Guild. For more information call Branden at 574-903-5112.