Contest & Exhibit: Friday, November 2 (4pm – 9pm) – Saturday, November 3, 2018 (10am-2pm)
Grand opening Reception: Friday, November 2, 5pm-9pm
NEW EXHIBIT LOCATION:
The Goshen Theater (Main Floor), 216 South Main Street, Goshen, Indiana
WHO CAN ENTER:
- Amateur Adult Photographers (less than 25% of their income from photography) (All entries will be displayed)
- Students (Grades 9 – 12th) Student entries must be pre-approved by their respective teachers. Once selected, each student must submit their entries online for final approval. Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHOTOGRAPH CATEGORIES (for Adult and Student divisions):
Color, Black & White, and Special Effects*
*A “Special Effects image” is one that has been manipulated for artistic purposes by applying digital and/or traditional special effects. Minor adjustments, including cropping, spotting, dodging and burning, contrast and slight color adjustment or the digital equivalents, are acceptable for all three categories.
Adults – $25 for up to 3 entries, $8 for each additional entry (Maximum 6 entries allowed).
Students – Free (Maximum 3 entries allowed)
**If your photographs are available for purchase, fill in a price. (All proceeds will go to the photographer).
Best of Show – ($150 Gift Certificate for Gene’s Camera Store)
1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each category (Cash Prizes – $50, $30, $20)
Best of Show, 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each category
(Awards issued, but no monetary prizes)
PRINT DROP OFF – DEADLINE TO ENTER: Saturday, 10/20/2018
Deliver your photographs along with entry fee to The Photographers Guild, 212 W. Washington Street, Goshen, IN — use the green side door located on the west side of the building, marked with a sign–second floor.
- Wednesday, 10/17, 6pm – 8pm or
- Friday, 10/19, 1pm – 5pm or
- Saturday, 10/20, 9am – 2pm
PRINT PICK UP:
- Saturday, 11/3 from 1pm – 2pm at The Goshen Theater, 216 South Main Street, Goshen, Indiana
- or Monday, 11/5 from 4pm – 6pm at The Photographers Guild, 212 West Washington Street, Goshen, IN
(If you require an alternate drop-off or pick-up time, call Kay at 574-596-1606)
ENTRY RULES: Deadline to enter is Saturday, 10/20/18.
- All photographs entered MUST be matted. Entry size: a maximum of 16” x 22”, the final size includes the matting. The photograph itself cannot be smaller than 8”x 10”. No framed photographs, canvas mounts, or photographs mounted on metal backing are allowed. (Photographs on metallic paper are acceptable, along with matting.)
- A photograph must have been taken in the last three years. A photograph submitted in a previous contest sponsored by The Photographers Guild cannot be resubmitted.
- The Photographers Guild and the judges reserve the right to reassign a photograph to a correct category or reject entirely for inappropriate content.
- Permission of use: By submitting a photograph to the Annual Millrace Contest, you grant permission to The Photographers Guild to use the photograph in any of its general venue of programs, including marketing materials, website, instructional classes, promotion of The Photographers Guild, and other instances of Photographers Guild sponsored program activities.
- All net proceeds of the Annual Millrace Contest go to support the general endeavors and educational programs of the Guild.
- Photographs that are not picked up at the Guild within 90 days after the pick up deadline become the property of the Guild and may be disposed of at its discretion.
- Print labels for each entry and attach to the back (lower left corner). Do not put your name on the front of print or mat. (If needed, copies will be available when photographs are dropped off).