Millrace Photography Contest & Exhibit
The 21st Annual Millrace Photography Contest
Friday, May 6 and Saturday, May 7, 2022
You are invited to enter…
2022 Contest & Exhibit: Friday, May 6th (4pm – 9pm) – Saturday, May 7th (10am-4pm)
Grand opening Reception: Friday, May 6th (4pm-9pm)
The Photographers Guild, 212 West Washington St., Suite 14, Goshen, Indiana
WHO CAN ENTER:
- Amateur Adult Photographers (less than 25% of their income from photography) (All entries will be displayed)
- Students (Grades 9 – 12) Student entries must be pre-approved by their respective “participating” teachers. Once selected, each student must submit their entries online for final approval. Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHOTOGRAPH CATEGORIES (for Adult and Student divisions):
Color, Black & White, and Special Effects*
*A “Special Effects image” is one that has been manipulated for artistic purposes by applying digital and/or traditional special effects. Minor adjustments, including cropping, spotting, dodging and burning, contrast and slight color adjustment or the digital equivalents, are acceptable for all three categories.
Adults – $25 for up to 3 entries, $8 for each additional entry (Maximum 6 entries allowed).
Students – Free (Maximum 3 entries allowed)
If your photographs are available for purchase, fill in a price. (All proceeds will go to the photographer).
Best of Show – ($125 In-store Gift Certificate from Gene’s Camera Store)
Ribbons awarded for Best of Show, 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each category.
No gift certificates or monetary awards issued.
PRINT DROP OFF – DEADLINE TO ENTER: Saturday, April 16th, 2022
Deliver your photographs along with entry fee to The Photographers Guild, 212 W. Washington Street, Goshen, IN — use the green side door located on the west side of the building, marked with a sign–second floor.
- Saturday, April 16th, 2022 (9:00AM – 4:00PM)
PRINT PICK UP:
- Sunday, May 8th from 12PM – 4PM at The Photographers Guild, 212 West Washington Street, Suite 14, Goshen, Indiana
- or Wednesday, May 18 from 6PM – 8PM at The Photographers Guild, 212 West Washington Street, Goshen, IN
(If you require an alternate drop-off or pick-up time, call Mike at 574-202-6237)
ENTRY RULES: Deadline to enter is Saturday, April 16th, 2022.
- All photographs entered MUST be matted. Entry size: a maximum of 16” x 22”, the final size includes the matting. The photograph itself cannot be smaller than 8”x 10”. No framed photographs, canvas mounts, or photographs mounted on metal backing are allowed. (Photographs on metallic paper are acceptable, along with matting.)
- A photograph must have been taken in the last three years. A photograph submitted in a previous contest sponsored by The Photographers Guild cannot be resubmitted.
- The Photographers Guild and the judges reserve the right to reassign a photograph to a correct category or reject entirely for inappropriate content.
- Permission of use: By submitting a photograph to the Annual Millrace Contest, you grant permission to The Photographers Guild to use the photograph in any of its general venue of programs, including marketing materials, website, instructional classes, promotion of The Photographers Guild, and other instances of Photographers Guild sponsored program activities.
- All net proceeds of the Annual Millrace Contest go to support the general endeavors and educational programs of the Guild.
- Photographs that are not picked up at the Guild within 90 days after the pick up deadline become the property of the Guild and may be disposed of at its discretion.
- Print labels (adult form) and (student form) for each entry and attach to the back (lower left corner). Do not put your name on the front of print or mat. (If needed, copies will be available when photographs are dropped off).
The contest is graciously sponsored by:
Kramer Appraisal Services, Goshen, IN