We hold one-day workshops that are taught by qualified Guild members, proficient in that specific topic. In some cases, workshops may be taught by an outside professional. We also offer classes–check out the class schedule.
*Enrollment Form Below
Unless otherwise noted for a given workshop, all will be held at 212 W. Washington St, Goshen. This is the same address as Sweet Water Interiors and it is adjacent to the Goshen Farmer’s Market building. We are on the second floor of the Millrace Gallery building; use the green side door on the west side of the building. We have a sign there.
The Fine Art of Printing a Photograph –
- Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Time: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Location: The Photographers Guild, 212 W Washington, Goshen
- Cost: Free for Guild members, $25 for non-members
- Registration Deadline: You must pre-register by Monday November 5th, class limited to 15 – first come, first served.
- Click here to Register…
- Instructor: Danny Graber
- You must be in control of all your steps in the printing process
- How the monitor or screen you are using impacts your final print
- What kind of monitor is suitable – brand name, color spectrum coverage, etc.
- Calibrating your monitor for correct color tones and brightness
- Which brand and type of printer should I use – all-in-one for home use, dedicated photo printers, etc.
- Printer ink types
- How, and under what lighting source should one use, to evaluate your print once it is off the printer
- How long do I need to let a print dry before putting it under glass
- How to prepare your print on your monitor (using Photoshop, Lightroom or any other post processing software)
- The heart of this class – a handout: A detailed, step-by-step, written procedure for establishing the correct black tones, midtones, and white tones for your color or black & white prints.
Also included as quick side notes, but not demonstrated in detail:
- Setting your camera color settings
- Setting your camera image size and image quality (getting your maximum resolution)
- Why shooting in anything other than raw for your fine art prints will cheat the final outcome of your fine art print once printed on paper
**To sign-up for a class or workshop, fill out the enrollment form. Once we receive your completed form, we will contact you to confirm your attendance and supply a list of equipment (camera, lenses, flash, etc.) and materials for you to bring.
FILL OUT FORM TO ENROLL